The bridge between the volume of a Strip Cut and the security of a Cross-cut
• Offers a cost-effective method for secure, automated “dump and run” shredding
• Confidentially destroy up to 2,000 lbs. of material per hour
• Ideal for industrial shredder for companies that require heavy-duty, high-security document destruction
• “shears” material to give the ability to bulk feed a large volume of product.
Allegheny’s Particle Cut Shredder offers the perfect combination of security and efficiency. This aggressive industrial shredder enables you to destroy a high volume of paper, cardboard, or plastic with minimal labor.
Our Particle Cut Shredders literally “shear” the material to be destroyed, producing shorter strips than a slitter-type industrial shredder. You gain the ability to bulk feed a large volume of product. If you want to do “dump and run” shredding, add an input feed conveyor; that will allow you to empty full boxes of documents into the hopper, which are then carried into the cutting assembly. An electronic “eye” in the cutting assembly will stop and re-start the conveyor to handle the flow of material.
This particle cut output can then be fed into a baler for recycling profits. Allegheny manufactures Horizontal Closed Door Balers that work seamlessly with our Particle Cut Shredders to produce compact, mill size bales.
Allegheny’s Particle Cut Shredder is also uniquely manufactured with a feed design that offers greater security than most Pierce and Tear machines. Allegheny’s 20 Hp Particle Cut Shredder is an excellent choice for smaller RIM centers wanting to provide a higher level of automated destruction.
• Can shred paper, cardboard, or plastic down to random lengths, 1/2″ wide strips
• 20″ feed opening allows for the product to flow at a rapid pace
• Can be used as a stand-alone unit or in tandem with a strip-cut industrial shredder to achieve cost-effective, high-volume, ultra-secure Cross-Shredding
|Model||Model 20 Particle Cut Shredder|
|Shred Width||Random length, 1/2″ width|
|Motor||20, 30, or 40 Hp.|
|Bearings||Spherical roller bearings – sealed|
|Shipping Weight||Approximately 5,000 lbs.|
|Capacity||Up to 4,000 lbs. per hour|
(varies depending on horsepower)
|Input Speed (per minute)||53′|
|Cutting Assembly Width||20″|
|Dimensions (Shredder only)||52″D x 64″W x 114″|
|Voltage||208/230/460 Volt AC, 3-phase, 60 cycle|
|As we constantly improve our products, specifications are subject to change without notice.|