Industrial Shredder Safety
We at Allegheny recognize that the safety of your operators and your business environment is of primary importance. For over 50 years, every aspect of our industrial shredder has been designed and engineered with safety in mind. The following safety features are standard on all Allegheny equipment:
- International symbol-coded safety labels that meet or exceed guidelines set forth by the Product Safety and Label System established by the FMC Corporation. Each label is securely affixed to required locations on the industrial shredder. Allegheny uses both internal and external safety labels to ensure operator safety awareness.
- Key-locked, low-voltage control panels to ensure safe operation by authorized personnel only. Control buttons are color-coded for stop, forward, and reverse operations.
- Two-position stop buttons to prevent accidental start-ups that can occur with single-position stop buttons. Once a stop button on any Allegheny industrial shredder is depressed, the equipment cannot be started again until the same stop button is manually pulled out.
- U.L. listed electrical components installed according to the National Electrical Code established by the National Fire Protection Association.
- A fixed safety shield installed over the input conveyor of our conveyor-fed industrial shredder in front of the cutting assembly to prevent operators from reaching into the cutters. In addition, all Allegheny machine covers are securely fastened to help prevent injury to operators and maintenance personnel – unlike lift-off panels, which can be dangerous because they allow easy access to internal moving parts (drive belt, gears, chains, etc.).