For fast, reliable destruction of hard drives, e-scrap, and other data-bearing media
• Powerful, cost-effective and secure destruction of hard drives, SSD’s, circuit boards, cell phones, laptop computers, and more
• Ideal for information destruction service providers, records and information management (RIM) centers, and e-scrap recyclers
• Three separate horsepower models — 3 Hp (available in single-phase), 7½ Hp, and 20 Hp — to meet your needs
• Model 12HD20 upgradable to the Allegheny Hard Drive Shredder System—a complete ‘dump & run’ system saving time and labor costs.
To ensure total security, physical destruction of hard drives and other electronic data-bearing media is the most effective and desirable solution.
That’s why every Allegheny Hard Drive Shredder destroys not only standard-size hard drives (up to 1” thick), but also server drives, as well as cell phones, PDAs, smartphones, and electronic storage devices. Our 7½ Hp and 20 Hp models can also completely destroy laptop computers (without batteries). The total destruction of these obsolete devices not only relieves any worry about security risks, but adds a reliable income stream for your business.
Allegheny Hard Drive Shredders are compact powerhouses. Equipped with a gravity-feed input chute and aggressive hooked cutters, these machines offer impressive performance with minimal noise and vibration. Mounted on casters for easy mobility, they can also be installed in a truck for mobile on-site destruction.
Allegheny offers three separate horsepower models: 3 Hp, 7½ Hp, and 20 Hp. With the addition of an optional in-feed conveyor and output conveyor, the 20 Hp model can become a complete system, the Allegheny Hard Drive Shredding System, with full ‘dump & run’ hard drive shredding capability.
Allegheny has recently introduced their new SelecShred™ Hard Drive Shredder. This powerful shredder gives customers the ability to securely destroy both solid state drives (SSD’s) and hard drives on the same machine, as well as most e-scrap products, including cell phones, circuit boards, tapes, and CD’s.
The SelecShred™ Hard Drive Shredder comes in a 7½ Hp. model, which destroys SSD’s to 3/8″ and hard drives to 1½”, and a 20 Hp. model, which shreds SSD’s to 3/4″ and hard drives to 3/8″.
• Achieves complete destruction of hard drives with no possibility of reconstruction or retrieval
• Model 5HD3 (3 Hp) is available in 208 or 230 Volt AC single phase
• Larger models 12HD7.5 (7½ Hp ) and 12HD20 (20 Hp) can destroy most laptop computers (without batteries)
• Combine optional equipment with the 12HD20 model to make a complete ‘dump & run’ system
• Angled 5”, 8” or 12” wide in-feed chutes provide ease in feeding
• CAD/CAM design for precision and maximum shredding power
• Creates a reliable income stream for your business
An optional in-feed conveyor (variable speed) added to the Model 12HD20 allows the operator to dump boxfuls of hard drives and e-scrap into the hopper. By adjusting the speed of the in-feed conveyor, the operator can regulate the amount of product entering the cutting assembly and thereby minimize jams. An optional output conveyor is available for transporting the shredded materials into a Gaylord box, roll-away container, etc. This configuration, the Allegheny Hard Drive Shredding System, offers a complete ‘dump & run’ system saving valuable time and labor costs.
What Our Customers Say
“I can’t say enough about our Allegheny Hard Drive Shredder. We can shred 1500 hard drives in half a day in my mobile truck! The shredder has paid for itself tenfold, and I’m expanding to in-house destruction next year.”
– TIM EARLEY, Advantage E-cycling
- 3 Hp.
- 7.5 Hp.
- 20 Hp.
- Capacity Per Minute*
- Input Speed (feet /meters per minute)
- 23 / 7
- 42 / 12.8
- 65 / 19.8
- Feed Opening (width x height)
- 5″ x 1 3/4″ / 127 mm x 44.5 mm
- 12″ x 2″ / 305 mm x 51 mm
- 12″ x 2″ / 305 mm x 51 mm
- Cutting Assembly (width)
- 5″ / 127 mm
- 12″ / 305 mm
- 12″ / 305 mm
- 6 1/2″ / 165 mm – hooked
- 9″ / 229 mm – hooked
- 10 1/2″ / 267 mm – skiptooth
- Shred Width
- 1 1/2″ / 38 mm
- Decibel Rating
- 68 dBA
- 70 dBA
- 75 dBA
- 65 dBA
- 208 / 230 / 460 Volt AC, 3-phase, 60 cycle (Other voltages are available.)
- Dimensions (W x L x H)
- 33″ x 33″ x 55″ / 84 cm x 84 cm x 140 cm
- 42″ x 45″ x 56″ / 107 cm x 114 cm x 142 cm
- 48″ x 55″ x 68″ / 122 cm x 140 cm x 173 cm
- Shredder Weight
- 1000 lbs / 454 kg
- 1100 lbs / 499 kg
- 1135 lbs / 515 kg
- 1150 lbs / 522 kg
*Standard drives up to 1″ (25 mm) thick and most server drives. Actual capacity depends on available power supply.