When the highest level of destruction is required for a wide range of materials
- Powerful solution for total destruction of a wide range of materials, including documents, multimedia, products and e-scrap
- Available with Allegheny’s patent-pending SelecShred™, allowing operators to switch the screen size with a simple push of a button
If you need to destroy a variety of materials at a high level of destruction, the Allegheny Security Grinder is a powerful, flexible solution. Utilizing our proprietary single-shaft rotary design with adjustable screen sizes, the Security Grinder is designed for single-stage ‘dump and run’ destruction of documents, digital media, plastics, products, e-scrap, and printer’s waste.
In 2005, Allegheny introduced the industry’s first single-shaft grinder with an adjustable screen. The patent-pending SelecShred™ gives operators the ability to change the screen size of their grinder with the simple push of a button, instead of manually replacing one screen with another to accommodate different shred size requirements for different shredding jobs or clients – a time-consuming and costly process.
This added flexibility, along with the versatility of materials that can be destroyed, make the Allegheny Security Grinder an excellent solution for ultra-high level, secure destruction.
The Security Grinder is available in two models: 1436GX and 1452GX. The SelecShred screen is optional on all models.
- Powerful, single-stage ‘dump and run’ destruction
- Flexibility provided by the Selec-Shred™ adjustable screen size technology; screen sizes range from 3/8” to 4”
- Versatile machine that can handle many different materials, from documents to digital media to electronics
- Ideal for contract shredding services, recycling centers, financial institutions, medical facilities, or government agencies requiring complete secure destruction
Allegheny offers optional equipment to enhance the productivity of your Allegheny Security Grinder, including Tippers, Conveyors and Horizontal Balers.
Used with a loading cart, security container, or a Gaylord box, the Allegheny 880 or HLS Tipper offers an efficient way to load materials onto your shredder’s input conveyor. This increases the volume of throughput to be shredded and minimizes operator fatigue and strain.
Sorting conveyors allow the operators to separate materials by grade and type prior to shredding for maximum recycling profits. Primary Conveyors, Metering Conveyors, and Output Conveyors allow easy transport of shredded materials into a baler, compactor, dumpster, or other receptacle.
Allegheny offers a complete line of horizontal closed-end balers and auto-tie open-end balers to increase the efficiency of your shredding operations.
Allegheny provides a full selection of security containers and executive consoles to provide secure storage of documents prior to shredding.
What Our Customers Say
“Allegheny overbuilds their equipment. It’s solidly built and extremely durable. Manufacturers typically overestimate what their equipment can do – but Allegheny’s equipment does exactly what it promises, and often over-performs.”
– PAUL SWENSON, Citadel Information Management