For fast, reliable destruction of hard drives, e-scrap and other data-bearing media
- Powerful, cost-effective and secure destruction of hard drives, e-scrap, optical media, mobile devices, laptop computers, and more
- Ideal for information destruction service providers, records and information management (RIM) centers, and e-scrap recyclers
- Three separate horsepower models — 3 Hp (available in single-phase), 7½ Hp, and 20 Hp — to meet your needs
- Model 12HD20 upgradeable to the Allegheny Hard Drive/E-Scrap Shredding System—a complete ‘dump & run’ system saving time and labor costs.
To ensure total security, physical destruction of hard drives and other electronic data-bearing media is the most effective and desirable solution.
That’s why every Allegheny Hard Drive/E-Scrap Shredder destroys not only standard-size hard drives (up to 1” thick), but also server drives, as well as cell phones, PDAs, smartphones, and electronic storage devices. Our 7½ Hp and 20 Hp models can also completely destroy laptop computers (without batteries). The total destruction of these obsolete devices not only relieves any worry about security risks, but adds a reliable income stream for your business.
Allegheny Hard Drive/E-Scrap Shredders are compact powerhouses. Equipped with a gravity-feed input chute and aggressive hooked cutters, these machines offer impressive performance with minimal noise and vibration. Mounted on casters for easy mobility, they can also be installed in a truck for mobile on-site destruction.
Allegheny offers three separate horsepower models: 3 Hp, 7½ Hp, and 20 Hp. With the addition of an optional in-feed conveyor and output conveyor, the 20 Hp model can become a complete system, the Allegheny Hard Drive/E-Scrap Shredding System, with full ‘dump & run’ shredding capability.
Manufactured with proven Allegheny technology, these powerful machines are designed and engineered to be the most rugged, reliable, and long-lasting in the industry.
- Achieves complete destruction with no possibility of reconstruction or retrieval
- Model 5HD3 (3 Hp) is available in 208 or 230 Volt AC single phase
- Larger models 12HD7.5 (7½ Hp ) and 12HD20 (20 Hp) can destroy most laptop computers (without batteries)
- Combine optional equipment with the 12HD20 model to make a complete ‘dump & run’ system
- Angled 5”, 8” or 12” wide in-feed chutes provide ease in feeding
- CAD/CAM design for precision and maximum shredding power
- Creates a reliable income stream for your business
An optional in-feed conveyor (variable speed) added to the Model 12HD20 allows the operator to dump boxfuls of hard drives and e-scrap into the hopper. By adjusting the speed of the in-feed conveyor, the operator can regulate the amount of product entering the cutting assembly and thereby minimize jams. An optional output conveyor is available for transporting the shredded materials into a Gaylord box, roll-away container, etc. This configuration, the Allegheny Hard Drive/E-Scrap Shredding System, offers a complete ‘dump & run’ system saving valuable time and labor costs.
What Our Customers Say
“I can’t say enough about our Allegheny Hard Drive/E-Scrap Shredder. We can shred 1500 hard drives in half a day in my mobile truck! The shredder has paid for itself tenfold, and I’m expanding to in-house destruction next year.”
– TIM EARLEY, Advantage E-cycling